Shrines can be found randomly throughout the stages of the game, they offer rewards in return for offerings. A level may have more than one shrine but will never spawn two of the same shrine.
Destroying a shrine will cause a message to appear and a special effect to happen.
The Smith[edit | edit source]
- Offer: 1-5 Equipment. A bomb counts as an equipment.
- Rewards: 1 Random equipment.
- When destroyed: Dozens of arrows are shot surrounding every player on the level.
- Has a chance to give the Thunder God's Hammer (a message saying "Behold!" appear).
The Bloody[edit | edit source]
- Offer: 33 Health or a Fairy.
- Rewards: STR or DEX permanent stat bonuses.
- Offering a fairy will increase STR, DEX, INT and LCK by 1. You will not lose health by sacrificing the fairy.
- When destroyed: Every player on the level takes 10 damage.
- Cannot be used with 1 HP remaining.
- Be careful as this shrine will kill you if you are using the "Death's Acolyte" background or "Death becomes easier to encounter" equipment.
- If using the shrine with below 33 HP, the shrine will leave you with 1 HP and will not grant you any rewards.
- However, the shrine will grant you a reward if you activate it again and give enough HP to reach 33.
- Example: The shrine is activated at 32 HP. 31 HP will be sacrificed and no bonus will be given. If the player heals himself and gives the remaining 2 HP needed to reach 33, a reward will be granted, even though the player didn't sacrifice 33 HP in one go.
The Deranged[edit | edit source]
- Offer: Any items, to offer normal arrows they are needed to be stacked around 50. Bomb arrows work normally.
- Random item
- Magic Missiles are fired from the center of the player to all directions, along with the Magic potion buff
- Water burst (removed?)
- Teleportation (like the Teleport scroll effect)
- 3 random instantaneous teleportations (Single player only?)
- Earthquake (removed?)
- Berserk status (random duration)
- Random potion buffs (which may include regeneration).
- The player gets thrown left or right (Single player only?)
- 1-5 Scrolls of Chaos (rare) - Says "Spread my word!"
- Blink Dagger (very rare) - Says "a slice of time"
- Grappling Hook - Says "Take it"(Hold It?) (Hold up and range attack to launch a chain and hook attach to wall and roof. then hold up key to roll up. jump key to cancle. can use in mid air like spid***man)
- When destroyed: Teleports you to random locations rapidly.
- Be wary as this shrine resembles The Scholar shrine.
The Light[edit | edit source]
- Offer: 20 Gold.
- Rewards: Healing, presumably 1-20(I had 23 hp reward at stage 7 while i have 20Luck) HP.
- When destroyed: Drops all gold previously used on it(even on past levels) and prevents future rewards from offering until all gold dropped by it is returned(by offering).
The Shackled[edit | edit source]
- Offer: Cursed Equipment
- Rewards: Random stat allocation on the offered item and god-curse (no uncursing, item ability is not cursed).
- When destroyed: Curses your equipment and the ones for sale on shops.
- You can save your scrolls of identify by simply offering items that have not been identified, and seeing if the shrine takes them. If the shrine does not take the item, feel free to equip it to see what your non-cursed item does.
- Offering three Uncurse Scrolls to this shrine rewards you with a cursed Ring of the Shackled, which has no stats but gives you strength based on how many cursed items you are wearing. The ring can be god-cursed to receive some stats.
The Scholar[edit | edit source]
- Offer: 2 spell books or 6 scrolls (offering one spell book and 3 scrolls also works).
- Rewards: 1 random spell book of any rank.
- When Destroyed: Drops a random spell book, prevents further rewards.
- Has a chance to reward the player with an Enchant scroll. Will not affect the requirements of normal rewards.
- Be wary as this shrine resembles The Deranged shrine and destroying it may heavily impact your run.